Kompetisi Puzzle Klasik 2021
Indonesian Classic Puzzle Competition 2021
3rd - 6th of September 2021
Rules (Bahasa Indonesia)
Kompetisi Puzzle Klasik
Kompetisi Puzzle Klasik (KPK)
, translated to Classic Puzzle Competition
, is the first individual paper-and-pencil puzzle competition in Indonesia where contestants are going to solve classic puzzles and their variant as quick and as many as possible.
As this competition's goal is to introduce paper-and-pencil puzzles to Indonesian newcomers, the difficulty level is expected to be easier than usual puzzle competitions.
: Ammar Fathin Sabili (athin) & Andri Purnama Ramadan (Nusi)
: Ivan Adrian Koswara (chaotic_iak)
- Everyone from around the world can participate, but only Indonesians are eligible for the prizes.
- Every contestants must not work with other people.
- Every contestants must not use any solver or any kind of helpers.
- Every puzzle has a single correct solution (unique solution). Thus, there must be a logical path to solve every puzzles.
- Contestants may ask any questions before the competition's date.
- During the competition's date, contestants may not ask anything to Puzzlesmiths (e.g. asking to check whether the solution is already correct) apart from clarifications and submissions.
KPK 2021 Rules
- KPK 2021 consists of a single round.
- There will be 30 puzzles in KPK 2021:
- 10 Sudoku puzzles (and its variants),
- 10 standard non-Sudoku puzzles, and
- 10 exploratory puzzles (including non-Sudoku variants and Instructionless Puzzle).
- For more details, please refer to the Instruction Booklet which will be released before the competition started.
- Each puzzles has their own points, adjusted to its expected difficulty.
- KPK 2021 will be held from Friday, 3rd of September 2021 at 08.00 WIB (UTC+7) to Monday, 6th of September 2021 at 22.00 WIB (UTC+7) (Google Calendar).
- In that duration, contestants can register themselves and receive the password to access the Puzzle Booklet.
- After that, contestants are given 150 minutes (2 hours 30 minutes) to solve and submit their answers.
Technical Aspect of KPK 2021
- Every links and informations regarding this competition will be published in this website (https://ammar.fath.in/kpk_en).
- Puzzle Booklet in PDF format will be published on 3rd of September 2021 at 08.00 WIB (UTC+7). Instruction Booklet will be published at most two days before that time.
- Google Forms "Registration" and "Submission" will also be published at that time.
- After submitting the registration at Google Form "Registration", the password of the Puzzle Booklet will be given and your time will automatically be started.
- Each contestants are suggested to start their own 150-minutes timer (Online 150-Minutes Timer) and solve the puzzles as many and as quick as possible during those 150 minutes.
- Answer keys should be submitted via Google Form "Submission". The details of the answer keys are also given in the Instruction Booklet (it's not password-protected).
- Contestants may resubmit their answers multiple times (with "edit response" feature), but only answers submitted before the timer is up will be calculated to the scoring.
- Each contestants will get a final score equals to the sum of correctly-answered puzzles' points.
- Wrong answers won't be penalized but has a score of 0.
- Answers submitted after the timer is up will also have a score of 0.
- There is no bonus point if contestants have successfully finished all puzzles before the timer is up, contestants are recommended to recheck their submissions.
- After the final score is announced, contestants may challenge if their answer key is marked incorrectly (e.g. if there is a case of multiple solutions); and reserve a right to get the points.
- The ranking will be sorted as the following:
- The contestant with higher final score,
- If tied, contestant who solve more puzzles correctly;
- If still tied, contestant who submit their last correct answer earlier.