Athin's Complete Guide of #ROXBuild for
Critical Lord Knight
Last Guide Update: 20 October 2021, 18:00 UTC+8
Last Character Update: 13 October 2021, 12:00 UTC+8
This guide is initially made for my own notes, but there is no harm in sharing, right? :)
As I'm a F2P player, I believe this build could be enjoyable for most type of players~
Btw, if you're a beginner who wants some general tips & tricks, check out my (outdated?) other guide here.
My build progress so far can be found at the end of the guide. Cheers! :D
- In-Game Name: athin
- In-Game ID: 4611691502480390145
- In-Game Server: Mimir - Crystal Waterfall
- Country: Indonesia / Singapore
- Name: Ammar Fathin Sabili
- Email: [redacted]
A Critical Build?
- A critical build for knight is quite unique: it's not even in the 3 default builds from ROX (AGI, Spear, VIT)!
- The final goal of this build is to lay near-100% critical attacks as fast as possible.
- Why? Because critical attacks don't care about enemies' defense!
- Check out Stellarist's Damage Formula:
- Normal attacks (and skills) have to be accompanied by PEN to overwrite enemies' DEF.
- But critical attacks don't care about it at all~
- Monsters' defense are nullified, so you can farm without worries.
- PvP with very-heavy defensive Valkyrie armors? Ha! Don't be afraid of them anymore, :P
- Also, it relies on your normal attacks, so you don't put too much care of the skills.
- Most of the skills required in this build are passive (buffs and stuffs).
- Most of the skills could just be put in auto mode.
- The build is very versatile that you can adapt it to various situations (PvE, PvP, GvG, you name it!)
- For advanced players, it's also easy to compute Damage per Second to strategize the next steps of the build.
- The downside? It's quite "narrow" (a.k.a. picky!) to have a critical build, so you must be patient! :O
- There are only a few stuffs (like cards) who are made for critical build.
- Critical build is also popular for Hunters, so we are fighting with them too for the resources.
- And again, please be patient, as in the early game you might be weak against the other classes ><
- However, those stuffs will be very powerful and way better for us than a regular one!
- For example, a gold card may add Final DMG +10%, while there is a blue card that add Crit DMG +20%! :O
- And here is our final target:
- Priority 1: Get around 110-120% Final Crit, as enemies' Anti-Crit is mostly around 20%.
- Priority 2: Maintain fast-enough attack speed, at least 550-600% Final ASPD.
- After above two priorities are achieved (especially for late-game), focus on maximizing DPS.
- (Maximizing DPS relies from: Attack Points, Crit DMG Bonus%, Final DMG Bonus%, and also ASPD%.)
- But also don't forget to defense yourself by having high HP, then P.DEF and M.DEF.
- Finally, here is the exact formula I used for maximizing DPS. I tried to get Expected DPS as high as possible:
- Disclaimer: I personally also haven't got this 100%, but these are my targets. So let's improve together! ^^
- As comparison, check out my progress so far at the end of this guide! :D
- Weapon: Any 2-Handed Sword
- Yep, any class; be it white, blue, or even gold (gimme Masamune plz TwT).
- Because the good news is that we don't use the weapon as a part of equipment set!
- My personal recommendation is to pick as high class as you can because refine result is way stronger.
- But of course, you need more materials to refine higher class~
- We need 2-Handed Sword for ASPD, as this is our only ASPD equipment.
- Armors (Clothes/Cloak/Shoes): Stick with Blue class (or White, see below)
- Valkyries are fine, but they need a lot of Valkyrie Coins.
- (Psst.. Valkyrie coins can be sold for passive income owo)
- Also, because we need the blue equipment set (Ferocity):
- For every unit killed, add Final DMG Bonus for 30 seconds, stacks up to 5 times.
- The percentage increases along with higher level of Blue equipment.
- We are made for killing machines (#eh) so this set is more helpful than a defensive valkyrie's set.
- As a Knight, we are also already tanky enough so Blue is sufficient.
- How about White? You could! But Blue has a better refine for HP and DEF to defense ourselves more.
- If you want to stick with White, I recommend Thief Bug set for Damage Reflection!
- Because, just remember, we are also tanks who devoted ourselves to protect our party! :)
- Accessories and Talisman: Definitely Drake Set BUT at some point upgrade to Moonlight Set
- The accessories of Drake Set are the only one (for lower levels) to support Crit and Final Crit% directly.
- Drake Set: Noble Bright Silver Brooch + Noble Bright Silver Brooch + Nostalgic Ornament
- Moreover, our damage is increased significantly when enemies' HP are below 30% (Touch of the Sea Set).
- You may wonder, how about ASPD Talisman from Thief Bug set?
- It depends, I've tried swapping the Talisman but my DPS decreased quite a bit (you can try yourself!)
- Don't worry, there are other ways to increase our ASPD, so Talisman can be focused for attacks.
- Similar to Armors, whenever possible, tier upgrade (Equip Upgrade) these sets to increase the base stats!
- Once hitting level 70, you might change them to Moonlight Set for Crit DMG Bonus% and Final Crit%.
- But ONLY IF your P.ATK is already high enough, as your attack depends on both P.ATK and Extra DMG %.
- Specifically, the only difference is mainly from the Talisman:
- Drake's Talisman provides pure P.ATK for upgrades. (That's why if you're low on P.ATK, just use this.)
- Moonlight's Certificate has more powerful DMG bonus from refine, but only Final Crit% on upgrades.
- Moonlight's Vesper Core boosts A VERY BIG Final Crit%, so use if you have a (very) low Final Crit%.
- So for me, Moonlight Set: Matyr Ring + Matyr Ring + Certificate
- Don't worry about Drake Set effects as they will be covered by upgrades & refines from the Moonlight Set.
- In addition, Moonlight Set will grant you debuff every 6 seconds while recovering at least 6% HP! :O
- As headgears are "gacha", feel free to pick any which suits best for you! :)
- Also yesh, you can transmog them to stylize your character UwU
- Cards are (indeed) rare and should be focused as a late-game strategy.
- But as they can be farmed from monsters, watch out! Maybe they have similar levels as you!
- If they have similar levels as you (± 3 levels), farm them before it's too late XD
- Weapon: 3 Anubis Cards (level 65) - Final Crit +8%
- This is a must have especially on early game because it's the only card which increase Final Crit!
- (Well, there is another one but... Raydric Archer... at level 95 TwT)
- However, if your Final Crit% is already high enough, you can focus on Wolf Card - Final ASPD +40%
- A legit alternative is Shizue Card - Crit DMG Bonus +16%, but any ATK+% like Marina Card is good too
- Armors: All with Max HP+12% (or 20%)
- As a knight, we are blessed with high HP, so take this chance!
- Clothes: Sasquatch Card (level 46) - Max HP+12% / Sky Petite Card (level 80) - Max HP+20%.
- Cloak: Hode Card (level 49) - Max HP+12% / Marionette Card (level 78) - Max HP+20%.
- Shoes: Matyr Card (level 49) - Max HP+12% / Dagger-wielding Goblin Card (level 79) - Max HP+20%.
- If you don't have those cards yet, pick ones which increase your Max HP.
- Accessories and Talisman: Up to you, really! But when in doubt...
- Try to focus on ASPD! Because this might be the only slot for ASPD cards if weapon's are used for crits
- I strongly recommend to get 3 Golem Cards (level 47) - Final ASPD +30%.
- Bloody Knight Card (level 84) - Crit DMG +20% is also highly recommended!
- But NGL, it's quite free to pick cards in these slots! Marine Sphere Card - Final DMG +6% is very great!
- And don't you know that Obeaune Card - Stun RES might also be helpful later on for knight? OwO
- Headgear: 3 Marduk Cards (level 57) - Final DMG Bonus +6%
- Yes, cards focusing the attacks can use headgear slots.
- Better legit alternative comes a limited-time event: Benimaru Card - Final DMG Bonus +8%!!
- And of course if you don't have it yet, it's recommended to pick which increases your damage~
- Ah yes, btw I limit myself with Blue cards (just because I'm F2P player lol.)
- Gold or any rarer cards are also preferred, get one that you love! <3
- First thing first, please be aware of THEIR AWAKENING!
- Don't be like me who ignored them for a long time and then I was left behind for real lol TwT
- Upgrade Awakening is the easiest thing to get as the failure rate is small, and you only need fishing.
- Refine Awakening is the hardest just because a higher failure (and broken) rate! It's expensive in disguise.
- Enchant Awakening is easy but also hard... So we should only focus on it after Upgrade.
- Especially for the enchantments, I recommend enchant:
- Weapon at Morroc, and get ATK +54.
- Armors at Prontera, and get LUK +2 or STR +2 (for me, LUK for early-game and STR for late-game).
- Accessories/Talisman at Morroc, and get ASPD +18.
- As this section is actually the longest and the most important thing to do, I'll guide this phase by phase.
- You can see this as your own personal quests/missions of becoming stronger!
- Also, feel free to adjust this to your own style :)
Phase I: Upgrade Awakening Tier I + Basic Refine
- Upgrade your 2H-Sword to Level 60
- Refine all 8 equipments to +2
- And done! :)
- Upgrading only your sword is enough for Upgrade Awakening I.
- And of course, you can upgrade other equipments too; just focus on sword first here.
- Also, refining all equipments to +2 is still relatively easy.
Phase II: Upgrade Awakening Tier II + Basic Enchant
- Upgrade your 2H-Sword to Level 80
- Upgrade BOTH of your Crit accessories to Level 20
- Fill all slots for enchants, all of those 21 slots (to level 1)
- (Try to) Refine all 8 equipments to +3
- Upgrading 4 equipments are enough for Upgrade Awakening II.
- Again, you can upgrade other equipments too so they are not left too behind.
- Filling all enchantments slots should be easy, but Morroc might be a bit expensive.
- Refining equipments to +3 is actually not easy so... Pray to RNG-God... ><
Phase III: Upgrade Awakening Tier III
- Upgrade your 2H-Sword to Level 100
- Upgrade BOTH of your Crit accessories to Level 25
- Upgrade your talisman too to Level 25
- Upgrade one of the armor (preferably shoes) to Level 50
- Upgrading 6 equipments are enough for Upgrade Awakening III.
- Shoes are chosen as it increase our HP more than other armors.
- This might be the "peak" of our Upgrade Awakening, so be patient as this phase takes quite a long time!
Phase IV: Catching Up the Refines and Enchantments
- Refine all 8 equipments to +4
- Enchant all 9 slots of Armors each to level 4
- After all equipments have +4 refines, it can be considered as "almost the peak of refine".
- We try to enchant the armors to ready-up our LUK points to increase Final Crit%.
- We can ignore first the enchantments at Morroc as they are quite expensive.
Phase V: Enchant Awakening I + "Full" Defense
- Upgrade the last two armors to Level 50
- Enchant all 9 slots of Armors each to level 6
- Upgrading the armors will greatly contribute to your overall defense.
- After the enchant awakening, at this point your LUK will easily exceed 100 thus boost the crit!
Phase VI: Endpoint of F2P Players (?)
- Refine BOTH of your Crit Accessories to +6, Get Refine Awakening I
- Get Upgrade Awakening IV
- Enchant all 12 slots of Weapon and Accessories/Talisman to level 4
- If also possible, Get Enchant Awakening II (or even III?)
- This is the endpoint, I assume, for F2P players.
- Succeed getting these will prove that you are one of the strongest F2P knight.
- Of course there are stuffs beyond this point, but I guess that's outside the territory of F2P players.
Stats and Skills
- First thing first, don't be afraid to use reset stats (and perhaps reset skills)!
- Reset stats is very powerful as it's equivalent to instantly change your enchantments.
- They can be used to adjust your stats with your current build (equipments, cards, refines, upgrades, etc.)
- Furthermore, you can get reset stones freely per month from Kingdom Pass!
- For stats, go full +80 STR at the beginning as your equipments and skills are capable to cover other stats.
- After that, you can focus on LUK (as there are less ways to increase Crit), then finally VIT and/or AGI.
- You can stay focusing on LUK until you reach your Final Crit% Target (e.g. around 120%.)
- Again, we can reset the stats, so you might even skip the LUK once your build is capable to cover Final Crit%.
- Personally, next, I go for full VIT because it adds a significant amount of HP, compared to AGI for ASPD%.
- For skills, here are my recommendations. These are sorted by which skills should we get every level up.
- Small notes: I use both Custom Skill slots for buffs. Custom Skill I for long-term buffs, II for the shorter ones.
- Play Dead, manual, put on slot 8.
This is useful to clear threats in many occassions, e.g. to start gardening or to go to other channels.
- Magnum Break +10, semi-auto, put on slot 1.
The default is auto as not only we are attacking with Fire attribute, but also increasing attack by 20%.
Must be disabled when farming Fire monsters, others are just fine (even Water monsters are also fine).
- Provoke +1, semi-auto, put on slot 2.
Yep, lend your help to your party! We are stronkk.
- Increase HP Recovery +10, passive.
Our HP will be auto-recovered once 30%. Thus, potions can be auto-used once less than that (e.g. 20%).
- Battle Will +10, passive.
Attack is increased every time we hit the enemy? OF COURSE WHY NOT!
- Sword Mastery +10, passive.
Another way to increase attacks, as AGI increases too!
- Provoke, from +1 to +5
This will be handy for Endure and Steel Heart, but they are less-focused so they are being put on last.
- (Save 5 skill points for later or be ready for using a reset stone... You will know why... OwO)
- Cavalry Combat +5, passive.
Say hello to our beloved Pecopeco! <3 <3 <3
Need to be simultaneously +5 to not slow down the movement speed!
- Charge Attack +1, manual, put on slot 3.
This is used to stun enemies, especially during KVM! Only level 1 is enough tho.
- Bowling Bash +1, auto, put on slot 7.
This is mainly used for farming, and extra damages when there are mobs in Instance for example.
Again, level 1 is already enough.
- Sword Speed Boost +10, auto, put in Custom Skill I (1/3), slot 5.
This is one of the main resource to significantly increase our ASPD, by 60%!!
- Double Blow +10, passive.
One of the Knight's perks is having a chance of double hit! Critical attacks will be doubled too! OwO
- Aura Blade +10, auto, put in Custom Skill I (2/3), slot 5.
Then we focus back on the Crit. This will greatly increase both Final Crit% and Crit Bonus DMG.
- Cavalry Training +10, passive.
Another way to increase attacks, just attack while reading your beloved Pecopeco! <3 <3 <3
- Endure +1, auto, put in Custom Skill II (1/3), slot 6.
This is to prevent you from knockback (i.e. Fire Wall from Marduk or even Wizard in KVM/GvG).
- (We are saving 7 skill points for later, but you can use it to any skills you want tho!)
- Berserk +1, manual, put on slot 4.
Very useful especially in PvP. For now, just get level 1, as you will still definitely recover 100% of your HP.
As this will set your SP to 0, just use this near your death in KVM (or Ultimate Showdown, IYKWIM hehe).
- Head Crush +10, auto, put in Custom Skill II (2/3), slot 6.
NO NEED TO ASK, BEST SKILL FOR CRITICAL BUILD!
- Weapon Blocking +10, auto, put in Custom Skill II (3/3), slot 6.
You will have a chance to negate P. ATK, and guaranteed 100% buffed critical attacks for the next 5 seconds!
- Lord's Aura +10, auto, put in Custom Skill I (3/3), slot 5.
Increase ATK% of you, and your party too!
- Berserk, from +1 to +10
This boi is on fire.
- (And it left us 37 skill points! Either save it for the Transcended Job, or spend any thing you want! OwO)
For me, I'm going for Call of Justice +10 because I focused on VIT, then just maximize the existing skill levels:
Bowling Bash +1 to +10 and Provoke / Endure / Steel Heart, then perhaps reset them for Transcended Job.
Pets & Shadow Equipments
- Critical Lord Knight's beloved pet aside from Pecopeco is Lunatic! :3
- Lunatic is specialized in Crit, so get it as soon as possible.
- Once you get it, don't forget to interact with it 10 times a day (preferably with Pet Frisbee).
- Stats advances are also important, but it needs patience to get to higher levels.
- So watch it grow stronger together as you do too! ^^
- For Shadow Equipments, aim for at least Level 3 (Level 4 is Chef's Kiss tho).
- And here are my personal recommendations for Shadow Equipment build, sorted by their importance:
- Inscription: Crit DMG Bonus (need Level 4) -> Final ASPD -> Crit -> LUK -> P. DMG Bonus -> STR
- Pioneer: Final Crit -> ASPD -> P. Lifesteal -> Final P. DMG Bonus -> P. ATK
- Bound: Either Battle Will I as it increases DMG Bonus by a lot or Sword Speed Boost I to boost ASPD.
- Engraved: Can stick on Aura Blade I, can consider Aura Blade II too if Level 4.
- Validation: It's Double Blow I, can consider Head Crush I if Level 4.
Lastly, My Progress So Far... (13 October 2021)
- Some key statistics (taken while farming i.e. with skill buffs):
- Base Level: 71
- Job Level: 32
- Final Crit: 65.64% + 53% = 118.64%
- Final ASPD: 338.43% + 245% = 583.43%
- Attack: 10484 (+ 12.5%) (+ 44.50%) (+3020)
- Crit DMG Bonus: 355.00%
- Max HP: 302656
- Shadow Equipment Level: 3
- Pet Status:
- Intimacy Level: 33
- Attack: +239 (+1094)
- Crit: +391
- Max HP: +25840
- Weapon: Imperial Guard's Heavy Sword (Blue 60)
Level 100, Refine +4, [P. DMG Bonus +486, P. DMG Bonus +648, P.ATK +108]
Shizue Card (Crit DMG Bonus +16%), Anubis Card (Final Crit +8%), Anubis Card (Final Crit +8%)
- Clothes: Imperial Guard's Coat of Protection (Blue 60)
Level 50, Refine +4, [STR +16, STR+14, STR+20]
Sasquatch Card (Max HP +12%)
- Cloak: Imperial Guard's Muffler (Blue 60)
Level 50, Refine +4, [STR +12, STR +16, STR +14]
Frilldora Card (Final DMG Res +6%)
- Shoes: Imperial Guard's Boots (Blue 60)
Level 50, Refine +4, [STR +20, STR +14, STR +14]
Matyr Card (Max HP +12%)
- Accessories 1: Matyr Ring (White 70, Tier 0)
Level 25, Refine +4, [Flee +72, Haste +54, Hit +18]
Marine Sphere Card (Final P.DMG Bonus +6%)
- Accessories 2: Matyr Ring (White 70, Tier 0)
Level 25, Refine +4, [Flee +18, Crit +18, ASPD +18]
Bongun Card (IMB Res +30%)
- Talisman: Certificate (White 70, Tier 0)
Level 25, Refine +4, [ASPD +18, Haste +18, Hit +18]
Golem Card (Final ASPD +30%)
- Headgears (non-Transmog):
- Blue Hairband (P.ATK +5), Marduk Card (Final DMG +6%)
- Dark Blinder (Stun Res +10%, Blind Res +10%), Marduk Card (Final DMG +6%)
- Blood Rose (Max SP +30, ATK +1%), Benimaru Card (Final DMG +8%)
- Champion Lunatic Backpack
- Hero's Costume
I do believe that this guide is far from perfect
. I'm just a boy who loves to analyze and shares interesting findings. :)
I also do believe in this community that we can learn and teach each others. ^^
So yeah, I do love the new mentoring system! Hope it can serve justice tho lol XD
Lastly, follow your heart and have fun
! Don't make a guide be just another burden for you! UwU
Don't be afraid to adjust, just keep it simple and comfortable enough for yourself! :D