Athin's Complete Guide of #ROXBuild for
Critical Lord Knight
Last Update: 21 September 2021, 22:30 UTC+8
This guide is initially made for my own notes, but there is no harm in sharing, right? :)
As I'm a F2P player, I believe this build could be enjoyable for most type of players~
Btw, if you're a beginner who wants some general tips & tricks, check out my (outdated?) other guide here.
My build progress so far can be found at the end of the guide. Cheers! :D
- In-Game Name: athin
- In-Game ID: 4611691502480390145
- In-Game Server: Mimir - Crystal Waterfall
- Country: Indonesia / Singapore
- Name: Ammar Fathin Sabili
- Email: [redacted]
A Critical Build?
- A critical build for knight is quite unique: it's not even in the 3 default builds from ROX (AGI, Spear, VIT)!
- The final goal of this build is to lay near-100% critical attacks as fast as possible.
- Why? Because critical attacks don't care about enemies' defense!
- Check out Stellarist's Damage Formula:
- Normal attacks (and skills) have to be accompanied by PEN to overwrite enemies' DEF.
- But critical attacks don't care about it at all~
- Monsters' defense are nullified, so you can farm without worries.
- PvP with very-heavy defensive Valkyrie armors? Ha! Don't be afraid of them anymore, :P
- Also, it relies on your normal attacks, so you don't put too much care of the skills.
- Most of the skills required in this build are passive (buffs and stuffs).
- Most of the skills could just be put in auto mode.
- The build is very versatile that you can adapt it to various situations (PvE, PvP, GvG, you name it!)
- For advanced players, it's also easy to compute Damage per Second to strategize the next steps of the build.
- The downside? It's quite "narrow" (a.k.a. picky!) to have a critical build, so you must be patient! :O
- There are only a few stuffs (like cards) who are made for critical build.
- Critical build is also popular for Hunters, so we are fighting with them too for the resources.
- However, those stuffs will be very powerful and way better for us than a regular one!
- For example, a gold card may add Final DMG +10%, while there is a blue card that add Crit DMG +20%! :O
- And here is our final target:
- Get around 120% Final Crit, as enemies' Anti-Crit is around 20%.
- Maintain fast-enough attack speed, at least 550% Final ASPD, better on 800%.
- Still focus on maximizing attack points.
- But also don't forget to defense yourself by having sufficient HP, P.DEF, and M.DEF.
- Disclaimer: I personally also haven't got this 100%, but these are my targets. So let's improve together! ^^
- As comparison, check out my progress so far at the end of this guide! :D
- Weapon: Any 2-Handed Sword
- Yep, any class; be it white, blue, or even gold (gimme Masamune plz TwT).
- Because the good news is that we don't use the weapon as a part of equipment set!
- My personal recommendation is to pick as high class as you can because refine result is way stronger.
- But of course, you need more materials to refine higher class~
- We need 2-Handed Sword for ASPD, as this is our only ASPD equipment.
- Armors (Clothes/Cloak/Shoes): Stick with Blue class (or White, see below)
- Valkyries are fine, but they need a lot of Valkyrie Coins.
- (Psst.. Valkyrie coins can be sold for passive income owo)
- Also, because we need the blue equipment set (Ferocity):
- For every unit killed, add Final DMG Bonus for 30 seconds, stacks up to 5 times.
- The percentage increases along with higher level of Blue equipment.
- We are made for killing machines (#eh) so this set is more helpful than a defensive valkyrie's set.
- As a Knight, we are also already tanky enough so Blue is sufficient.
- How about White? You could! But Blue has a better refine for HP and DEF to defense ourselves more.
- If you want to stick with White, I recommend Thief Bug set for Damage Reflection!
- Because, just remember, we are also tanks who devoted ourselves to protect our party! :)
- Accessories and Talisman: Definitely Drake Set BUT later on upgrade to Moonlight Set!!
- The accessories of Drake Set are the only one (for lower levels) to support Crit and Final Crit% directly.
- Moreover, our damage is increased significantly when enemies' HP are below 30% (Touch of the Sea Set).
- You may wonder, how about ASPD Talisman from Thief Bug set?
- It depends, I've tried swapping the Talisman but my DPS decreased quite a bit (you can try yourself!)
- Don't worry, there are other ways to increase our ASPD, so Talisman can be focused for attacks.
- Similar to Armors, whenever possible, tier upgrade (Equip Upgrade) these sets to increase the base stats!
- Anw once hitting level 70, it's better change them to Moonlight Set for Crit DMG Bonus% and Final Crit%.
- Don't worry about Drake Set effects as they will be fully covered by refines from the Moonlight Set.
- In addition, Moonlight Set will grant you debuff every 6 seconds while recovering at least 6% HP! :O
- As headgears are "gacha", feel free to pick any which suits best for you! :)
- Also yesh, you can transmog them to stylize your character UwU
- Cards are (indeed) rare and should be focused as a late-game strategy.
- But as they can be farmed from monsters, watch out! Maybe they have similar levels as you!
- If they have similar levels as you (± 3 levels), farm them before it's too late XD
- Weapon: 3 Anubis Cards (level 65) - Final Crit +8%
- This is definititely a must have because it's the only card which increase Final Crit!
- (Well, there is another one but... Raydric Archer... at level 95 TwT)
- If you don't have Anubis Cards yet, you can focus on ASPD (e.g. Wolf Card) or ATK+% (e.g. Marina Card)
- And oh, a legit alternative is from an ongoing Tensura event: Shizue Card - Crit DMG Bonus +16%!!
- Armors: All with Max HP+12% (or 20%)
- As a knight, we are blessed with high HP, so take this chance!
- Clothes: Sasquatch Card (level 46) - Max HP+12% / Sky Petite Card (level 80) - Max HP+20%.
- Cloak: Hode Card (level 49) - Max HP+12% / Marionette Card (level 78) - Max HP+20%.
- Shoes: Matyr Card (level 49) - Max HP+12% / Dagger-wielding Goblin Card (level 79) - Max HP+20%.
- If you don't have those cards yet, pick ones which increase your Max HP.
- Accessories and Talisman: Up to you, really! But when in doubt...
- Try to focus on ASPD! Because this might be the only slot for ASPD cards (weapon's are used for crits!)
- I strongly recommend to get 3 Golem Cards (level 47) - Final ASPD +30%.
- Bloody Knight Card (level 84) - Crit DMG +20% is also highly recommended!
- But NGL, it's quite free to pick cards in these slots! Final DMG+% is also great (e.g. Marine Sphere Card).
- And don't you know that Obeaune Card - Stun RES might also be helpful later on for knight? OwO
- Headgear: 3 Marduk Cards (level 57) - Final DMG Bonus +6%
- Yes, cards focusing the attacks can use headgear slots.
- Better legit alternative comes again from Tensura event: Benimaru Card - Final DMG Bonus +8%!!
- And of course if you don't have it yet, it's recommended to pick which increases your damage~
- Ah yes, btw I limit myself with Blue cards (just because I'm F2P player lol.)
- Gold or any rarer cards are also preferred, get one that you love! <3
- First thing first, please be aware of THEIR AWAKENING!
- Don't be like me who ignored them for a long time and then I was left behind for real lol TwT
- Upgrade Awakening is the easiest thing to get as the failure rate is small, and you only need fishing.
- Refine Awakening is the hardest just because a higher failure (and broken) rate! It's expensive in disguise.
- Enchant Awakening is easy but also hard... So we should only focus on it after Upgrade.
- Especially for the enchantments, I recommend enchant:
- Weapon at Morroc, and get either Atk +54 or P.DMG Bonus +162.
- Armors at Prontera, and get LUK +2 (or less focused one: AGI +2).
- Accessories/Talisman at Morroc, and get ASPD +18.
- As this section is actually the longest and the most important thing to do, I'll guide this phase by phase.
- You can see this as your own personal quests/missions of becoming stronger!
- Also, feel free to adjust this to your own style :)
Phase I: Upgrade Awakening Tier I + Basic Refine
- Upgrade your 2H-Sword to Level 60
- Refine all 8 equipments to +2
- And done! :)
- Upgrading only your sword is enough for Upgrade Awakening I.
- And of course, you can upgrade other equipments too; just focus on sword first here.
- Also, refining all equipments to +2 is still relatively easy.
Phase II: Upgrade Awakening Tier II + Basic Enchant
- Upgrade your 2H-Sword to Level 80
- Upgrade BOTH of your Crit accessories to Level 20
- Fill all slots for enchants, all of those 21 slots (to level 1)
- (Try to) Refine all 8 equipments to +3
- Upgrading 4 equipments are enough for Upgrade Awakening II.
- Again, you can upgrade other equipments too so they are not left too behind.
- Filling all enchantments slots should be easy, but Morroc might be a bit expensive.
- Refining equipments to +3 is actually not easy so... Pray to RNG-God... ><
Phase III: Upgrade Awakening Tier III
- Upgrade your 2H-Sword to Level 100
- Upgrade BOTH of your Crit accessories to Level 25
- Upgrade your talisman too to Level 25
- Upgrade one of the armor (preferably shoes) to Level 50
- Upgrading 6 equipments are enough for Upgrade Awakening III.
- Shoes are chosen as it increase our HP more than other armors.
- This might be the "peak" of our Upgrade Awakening, so be patient as this phase takes quite a long time!
Phase IV: Catching Up the Refines and Enchantments
- Refine all 8 equipments to +4
- Enchant all 9 slots of Armors each to level 4
- After all equipments have +4 refines, it can be considered as "almost the peak of refine".
- We try to enchant the armors to ready-up our LUK points to increase Final Crit%.
- We can ignore first the enchantments at Morroc as they are quite expensive.
Phase V: Enchant Awakening I + "Full" Defense
- Upgrade the last two armors to Level 50
- Enchant all 9 slots of Armors each to level 6
- Upgrading the armors will greatly contribute to your overall defense.
- After the enchant awakening, at this point your LUK will easily exceed 100 thus boost the crit!
Phase VI: Endpoint of F2P Players (?)
- Refine BOTH of your Crit Accessories to +6, Get Refine Awakening I
- Get Upgrade Awakening IV
- Enchant all 12 slots of Weapon and Accessories/Talisman to level 4
- If also possible, Get Enchant Awakening II (or even III?)
- This is the endpoint, I assume, for F2P players.
- Succeed getting these will prove that you are one of the strongest F2P knight.
- Of course there are stuffs beyond this point, but I guess that's outside the territory of F2P players.
Stats and Skills
- Stats part is easy.
- Go focus on full +80 STR at the beginning as your equipments and skills are capable for other stats.
- After that, you can focus on full +80 LUK (as there are less ways to increase Crit), then finally full +80 AGI.
- For skills, here are my recommendations. These are sorted by which skills should we get every level up.
- Play Dead, manual, put on slot 8.
This is useful to clear threats in many occassions, e.g. to start gardening or to go to other channels.
- Magnum Break +10, semi-auto, put on slot 1.
The default is auto as not only we are attacking with Fire attribute, but also increasing attack by 20%.
Must be manual if farming Fire monsters, others are just fine (even Water monsters are also fine).
- Provoke +1, semi-auto, put on slot 2.
Yep, lend your help to your party! We are stronkk.
- Increase HP Recovery +10, passive.
Our HP will be auto-recovered once 30%. Thus, potions can be auto-used once less than that (e.g. 20%).
- Battle Will +10, passive.
Attack is increased every time we hit the enemy? OF COURSE WHY NOT!
- Sword Mastery +10, passive.
Another way to increase attacks, as AGI increases too!
- Provoke, from +1 to +5
This will be handy for Endure and Steel Heart, but they are less-focused so they are being put on last.
- (Save 5 skill points for later... You will know why... OwO)
- Cavalry Combat +5, passive.
Say hello to our beloved Pecopeco! <3 <3 <3
Need to be simultaneously +5 to not slow down the movement speed!
- Charge Attack +1, manual, put on slot 3.
This is used to stun enemies, especially during KVM! Only level 1 is enough tho.
- Bowling Bask +1, auto, put on slot 4.
This is mainly used for farming, and extra damages when there are mobs in Instance for example.
Again, level 1 is already enough.
- Sword Speed Boost +10, auto, put in Custom Skill I (1/3), slot 5.
This is one of the main resource to significantly increase our ASPD, by 60%!!
- Double Blow +10, passive.
One of the Knight's perks is having a chance of double hit! Critical attacks will be doubled too! OwO
- Aura Blade +10, auto, put in Custom Skill I (2/3), slot 5.
Then we focus back on the Crit. This will greatly increase both Final Crit% and Crit Bonus DMG.
- Cavalry Training +10, passive.
Another way to increase attacks, just attack while reading your beloved Pecopeco! <3 <3 <3
- Endure +3, auto, put in Custom Skill I (3/3), slot 5.
This is to prevent you from knockback (i.e. Fire Wall from Marduk or even Wizard in KVM/GvG).
- Steel Heart +1, auto, put on slot 7.
This is also preventing you from knockback, but is very useful for additional DEF!
- (We are saving 4 skill points for later, but you can use it to any skills you want tho!)
- Berserk +1, manual, swap with Bowling Bash on slot 4.
Berserk is very useful especially in PvP, thus Bowling Bash (for farming) can be swapped.
For now, just get level 1, as you will still definitely recover 100% of your HP.
As this will set your SP to 0, just use this near your death in KVM (or Ultimate Showdown, IYKWIM hehe).
- Head Crush +10, auto, put in Custom Skill II (1/3), slot 6.
NO NEED TO ASK, BEST SKILL FOR CRITICAL BUILD!
- Weapon Blocking +10, auto, put in Custom Skill II (2/3), slot 6.
You will have a chance to negate P. ATK, and guaranteed 100% buffed critical attacks for the next 5 seconds!
- Lord's Aura +10, auto, put in Custom Skill II (3/3), slot 6.
Increase ATK% of you, and your party too!
- Berserk, from +1 to +10
This boi is on fire.
- Steel Heart, from +1 to +10
This boi is on fire, again.
- (And it left us 25 skill points! Either save it for the Transcended Job, or spend any thing you want! OwO)
Pets & Shadow Equipments
- Critical Lord Knight's beloved pet aside from Pecopeco is Lunatic! :3
- Lunatic is specialized in Crit, so get it as soon as possible.
- Once you get it, don't forget to interact with it 10 times a day (preferably with Pet Frisbee).
- Stats advances are also important, but it needs patience to get to higher levels.
- So watch it grow stronger together as you do too! ^^
- For Shadow Equipments, aim for at least Level 3 (Level 4 is Chef's Kiss tho).
- And here are my personal recommendations for Shadow Equipment build, sorted by their importance:
- Inscription: Crit DMG Bonus (need Level 4) -> Final ASPD -> Crit -> LUK -> P. DMG Bonus -> STR
- Pioneer: Final Crit -> ASPD -> P. Lifesteal -> Final P. DMG Bonus -> P. ATK
- Bound: It's Battle Will I as it increases DMG Bonus by a lot. But if need ASPD, use Sword Speed Boost I.
- Engraved: Can stick on Aura Blade I, can consider Aura Blade II too if Level 4.
- Validation: It's Double Blow I, can consider Head Crush I if Level 4.
Lastly, My Progress So Far... (21 September 2021)
- Some key statistics (taken while farming i.e. with skill buffs):
- Base Level: 66
- Job Level: 26
- Final Crit: 51.13% + 61% = 112.13%
- Final ASPD: 327.43% + 255% = 582.43%
- Attack: 10824 (+ 10%) (+ 30.50%)
- Crit DMG Bonus: 288.00%
- Max HP: 221,998
- Shadow Equipment Level: 3
- Pet Status:
- Intimacy Level: 29
- Attack: +214 (+979)
- Crit: +350
- Max HP: +23120
- Weapon: Veteran's Heavy Sword (Blue 40)
Level 100, Refine +4, [P. DMG Bonus +162, P.PEN +108, P.ATK +54]
Shizue Card (Crit DMG Bonus +16%), Wolf Card (Final ASPD +40%), Anubis Card (Final Crit +8%)
- Clothes: Glorious Coat of Protection (Blue 50)
Level 50, Refine +4, [Luck +10, Luck +10, Luck +10]
Sasquatch Card (Max HP +12%)
- Cloak: Glorious Muffler (Blue 50)
Level 50, Refine +4, [Luck +12, Luck +12, Luck +12]
Pupa Card (HP +1200)
- Shoes: Glorious Boots (Blue 50)
Level 50, Refine +4, [Luck +12, Luck +12, Luck +12]
Zombie Card (HP +4800)
- Accessories 1: Noble Bright Silver Brooch (White 40, Tier II)
Level 25, Refine +4, [Hit +18, Hit +18, Hit +18]
Muka Card (DMG Bonus +240)
- Accessories 2: Noble Bright Silver Brooch (White 40, Tier II)
Level 25, Refine +4, [Flee +18, Crit +18, ASPD +18]
Bongun Card (IMB Res +30%)
- Talisman: Nostalgic Ornament (White 40, Tier II)
Level 25, Refine +4, [ASPD +18, Haste +18, Hit +18]
Thief Bug Egg Card (ASPD +60)
- Headgears (non-Transmog):
- W. Doll Hat (DEF +5, Undead DMG +5%, Demi-Human DMG Res +5%), Marduk Card (Final DMG +6%)
- Dark Blinder (Stun Res +10%, Blind Res +10%), Marduk Card (Final DMG +6%)
- Clown Nose (P.PEN +5), Dead Plankton Card (PEN +120)
- Champion Lunatic Backpack
- Hero's Costume
I do believe that this guide is far from perfect
. I'm just a boy who loves to analyze and shares interesting findings. :)
I also do believe in this community that we can learn and teach each others. ^^
So yeah, I do love the new mentoring system! Hope it can serve justice tho lol XD
Lastly, follow your heart and have fun
! Don't make a guide be just another burden for you! UwU
Don't be afraid to adjust, just keep it simple and comfortable enough for yourself! :D